Assalamualaikum Dear Brothers and Students at UQ
We pray that you all are safe, in good health and Iman. We would like to inform you of some help the University is offering to students that are adversely affected by the rains and floods.
Please see below the list of Uni services for flood-affected UQ students (updated Fri 4th Mar 2022) and inform others:
– Students are welcome to come to Student Central (Building 42), to recharge their mobile devices,
– Uni is also providing students with meal vouchers at some of the cafés on campus,
– Student Central is open from 7:30am to 8:30pm, continuing through the weekend,
– From next week, hopefully the UQU breakfasts and dinners will also recommence for students and community members who need them,
– There is also a shuttle bus running from Student Central to Indooroopilly ShoppingTown on the hour during the day, if students would find this useful.
This is all still running despite the campus closure.
We pray Allah keeps us all safe and in good Iman and actions, ameen.
Sh. Aslam Hussain (Muslim Chaplain/Imam at UQ)
Ismail Mohamed (Assistant Muslim Chaplain)
& Muslim Chaplain’s Volunteer Team