Assalamualaykum Warahmatullah wabarakaatuh everyone!
The month of Ramadan is a blessed month, and a time of the year we all look forward to. Ramadaan begins inshaAllah on either 12th or 13th April next week, pending the moon sighting.
Alhamdu lillah, this year, we have been given permission to hold Taraweeh prayers at the UQ Multi Faith Centre with an approved COVID-safe plan.
Taraweeh prayer details are as follows:
Venue: UQ MFC, Building 38, Level 1.
Isha Prayer starts at 6:50pm.
Taraweeh Prayer starts at 7:05pm.
Prayer places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Conditions of attending the Taraweeh Prayer
1. As part of the COVID-safe plan, all attendees MUST register prior to attending. Please follow the instructions on our registration website; https://ramadan.mcatuq.com/
2. The website will issue each attendee with a unique QR Code. Please save this QR code in your phone or print a copy of the QR code image. This is a very easy process and is only required to be done once at the beginning ofRamadaan. You can then use this same code throughout Ramadaan, in shaa Allah.
3. When you are coming to eachTaraweeh prayer, present the QR code to one of our volunteers to check you in.
4. TheTaraweeh spots are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis. You can check the number of free spots here; https://ramadan.mcatuq.com/
5. Attendees are obliged to follow current health advice regarding COVID 19 by organisers (Muslim Chaplain’s Team) at all times.
6. The current advices are:
i. Please bring your own sajadah for the prayer
ii. Please wear a mask while you are in the prayer hall.
iii. Do not hug or shake hands (but do say Salam).
iv. any current advice from QLD Health or University.
Sadly, due to the unstable COVID situation and strict regulations, there will be no sit down iftaar community dinners at the MFC.
Instead, we will have prepackaged takeaway food boxes that will be distributed outside the MFC for students who are in need of it.
The number of food boxes is limited and will be distributed to whomever comes first.
To help us cover the costs of the food please donate by bank transfer or online:
InshaAllah you will get a copy of the reward of the fasting person!
Volunteering to help organise the nightly Ramadaan worship is a great experience and holds a huge reward in the Hereafter!
If you would like to become part of the volunteering team please send us your details in the form below;
UQ Muslim Chaplain’s Team